Gluten Free BBQ Chicken Pizza
Make it a pizza night and dive head first into baking a savory gluten free pizza from scratch! With toppings like crispy chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, fresh herbs and cheese; there won’t be a single slice leftover. It’s the perfect end of week meal that is especially fun to make with your loved ones.
What you’ll need:
1 gluten free pizza crust mix (or frozen to save time)
1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
6 oz. of skinless chicken breasts, sliced
A pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon of onion and herb seasoning
1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
1/8 of a red onion, diced
A handful of cilantro
1/3 cup of shredded pizza cheese
1/3 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Follow box directions to make your pizza crust from scratch if not frozen and begin making your toppings while the crust bakes.
- Place your chicken breast into a large mixing bowl and coat with black pepper, onion and herb seasoning and Cajun spices.
- Next, pour olive oil into a large skillet on medium heat and add your chicken.
- Cook on both sides for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Then, carefully remove from heat and cut into thick slices.
- Start assembling your pizza on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add a thick layer of barbecue sauce on top of the crust.
- Then add your chicken slices, chopped onions and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completed melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Chef Blogger at ThaiandTattoos.com
Several years ago Shazmin visited a nutritionist after months of digestive issues. After several tests and an elimination diet, her nutritionist suggested a gluten-free lifestyle. As a pizza and pasta lover, the change was challenging with painful setbacks every now and then. During this time Shazmin learned much about herself and healthy eating habits. With her new-found knowledge she has helped her type-1 diabetic husband and her father who is fighting pancreatic cancer for a second time with healthy cooking recipes to improve their health. She started her blog in 2014 as a way to stay on track and build recipes that will help others enjoy a gluten-free lifestyle full of love and great tasting food.